View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #2700
lynnephelps
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneB1030 View Post
I seem to have a problem using SU Whisper White with my Prismacolors, especially if I use the colorless blender. Unless I use Staz On ink, the ink seems to smear, and I wonder if the paper is too smooth, or am I using the wrong ink? I usually use Versafine.

I've begun experimenting a tiny bit with gamsol, any difference in paper and ink I should use with that.

Thanks in advance for some advice!
The Stampin' Up! Whisper White is specially designed with a lot of sizing in the paper, which allows it to hold up to some water, like painting with reinkers. But this can gum up with other techniques. It is a GREAT paper for playing with your Distress Inks!

Try using a waterproof ink like Jet Black Archival maybe or an India Ink pad? Versafine is an oil based pigment ink, so the gamsol solvent will surely "melt" it.

I like using the cheapo Georgia Pacific card stock from Wal-Mart for Prismas and Gamsol, but there are probably better paper options. I discovered my blending problems were because I was not laying down enough Prismacolor before blending with the Gamsol. Since then, the cheaper paper is working fine for me

Hope this helps!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!