View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 05:30 AM   #104
FiberArtist4Him
Matboard Maniac

I have tried many ways to store my metal dies. What I do now, that I like the best, is using those Holtz/Ranger Binders. They have sturdy plastic page inserts that are great for storing uncounted stamps, clear stamps, and now I have a binder where I store all of my embossing folders.

For all of my metal thin dies, I also use these binders. I cut card stock to insert into the plastic page inserts, then used repositionable adhesive then stick each of my very thin metal dies on the card stock and insert into page holder. I love that I can flip thru the pages quickly and dies are organized by themes or style. They stay in place and don't slip around. They travel well when I stamp other places. I don't loose the tiny pieces, and the stiff page inserts keep the thin dies from bending.

For tips I use the wax paper technique the most. I am also a quilter and discovered that Clover's stilletto is the greatest for poking those tiny holes to release delicate does without damaging them. A darning needle also works great.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!