View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #3760
stampnsk8r
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjudi View Post
I just did a show at my church this weekend. It was Saturday evening and Sunday Morning. I sold about $150; ten dollar table fee. It was not advertised beyond the church bulletins (several area churches) but was okay for the first year of having a craft show. I think I could have done really well if we had been selling items in the morning when most people shop craft fairs. At the show a fellow crafter invited me to her school's craft show next week. It is during the school day so the students can buy gifts. They want items that are $.25 to $2.00. What can you sell for 25 cents and not lose money! I am going to do the show to sell my leftover candy items, but nothing will be priced at $.25. I think this is an unrealistic expectation from the people running the fair. They are only charging $10.00 for the table, but they also want you to donate "ten percent of the profits". What profits, if I have to sell my items at rock bottom prices?!
Judi
what about doing magnets that would normally be in sets of 4 and selling them individually. Birthday tags or Christmas tags that are sold individually could be inexpensive. Hand stamped tea lights could be sold individually as well for 25. Mints that are packaged in sets of 4 could be sold individually. I wish you the best of luck with your school sale!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!