View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #3759
stampnsk8r
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket7 View Post
I really don't think that it's your job to have to advertise/market the show. That's the promotor's job.
I totally agree...but I also want to be more proactive. Just because they're the promoter doesn't mean they do their job well. If I help promote the show I help sell my craft (I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsrlb View Post
There is no way to know - no matter how much they advertise- who is going to come.
Isn't that the truth...and the old saying "you can bring a horse to water but you can't make 'em drink"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueslady View Post
I have a list of all of my shows on the table and put one in each bag.
I think this is a great idea...I will work on this for next year.

Most of the shows I did this year were first year shows. I was in the process of moving when the long running shows were being held. Most of the shows in Dec. around here are first timers. There was one show called the Holiday Hit List...that's been around a few years and does well...but the cost was out of my league.

The short version (omitting drama) I just went through a divorce and lost my job. If I had tried...I could have done the shows that made me money last year. I didn't. I worked at getting my house in order and moved in with my grandparents. Don't feel bad for me...I'm loving my life right now...just not my craft show experiences.

So...now I'm back to crafting and hoping next week will be a big hit...and in order to make it a big hit...I'm ready to take on the responsibility of promoter to make it big. Wish me luck!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!