View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #39
crystaldolphins
Mad Swapper

Default Thank you from Neil - MMTPT173

Dear Teapotters:
My mom and dad went to visit Neil last night Ė their first visit since his accident (they donít actually know him very well). Some of the cards had been forwarded to him already but my mom had quite a handful last night.

In my momís words: Neilís cousin-in-law, Faye went with them and opened all the cards. Neil read every word, with a tiny bit of help. He was thrilled with each one. They are incredibly beautiful. Somebody had glued a metal eagle onto one, which he especially liked - he has a thing for eagles. There were at least 2 people that especially put incredible notes in the card - and the only one I can now recall was Sue.

I asked him what he would like me to pass on to you, because he mentioned about writing and thanking people. He just said that the cards have been such an incredible inspiration, and that he couldn`t believe they would take so much care and time to send such beautiful work to someone they didn`t know. All their kind words meant everything to him. His attitude is so positive, and when people put just a scripture text in the card, and didn`t write it out, he had us look it up. He has an incredible sense of humor, and we really laughed a lot. He could teach us a lot.

From Charlene (crystaldolphins): (Neil and his cousin LOVED the teapot too as I had printed a colour picture of it when I sent him my card. In my card, I included who we are, Cindyís story and the teapot picture.)

Thank you never seems to be enough, yet at the same time I know itís more than enough because this is what we do and who we are! I was so blown away by the creativity and work that went into the motorcycle cards and reading Neilís comments above, he appreciates it beyond words. Thank you for doing this for him. Faye intends to attach them to a board somehow as he will be in the rehab hospital for a number of months yet. The cards are a gift to everyone who reads them and as Iím sure many of you know, are a conversation piece when visiting someone in the hospital (how many times can you ask a patient how they are?!) I donít know Neil very well at all, but he inspires me beyond words. Iím thrilled that my parents were there to see him open a bunch of the cards. And Sabrina, my dad especially loved the picture you sent (he was born in Belfast, N.I. and moved to Canada 50+ years ago). Everyone loved the cards and were blown away by all the work and care and messages that were written.

Merry Christmas to everyone Ė may you have a safe and happy holiday and I wish wonderful things for each and every one of you, for 2012! See you at the Teaparties!

Hugs,
Charlene (crystaldolphins)
Attached Thumbnails
121_1191-neil.jpg  

2012/2013 Squigglefly DT
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!