Thread: Slice FAQ
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #1169
stephanie_b
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlarnold View Post
I've found this true with mine also. But, after discovering this site, I contacted CS and they told me to use WD40 on the two slots near the blade. To let it soak in a little and then try a cut. I did this and now my slice is working fine. Don't know why this worked, but it did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyzee View Post
Stephanie I just discovered that if I use my Slice unplugged I have an issue cutting. As long as I have it plugged in it cuts beautifully. I have one of the original Slices and it's almost two years old already. Hope you can resolve your issues and get to enjoy your Slice.

Thanks for your notes! I spoke to Lee at MM today (she was wonderful!) I hadn't used it since I sent my email last week, and when we tried to cut a letter, the blade wouldn't lift up at all. She's sending me a new Basics card, and an update card, she thinks that will solve the issue. If not, I"ll have to send the machine in as a last resort. It's still under warranty at least

She did ask me to plug it in, and we got the same result.

I typically cut with the machine plugged in because I was tired of it just stopping mid cut when the battery was low...I wish it had a warning before you started cutting.

Interesting to note that both of you found it better to be plugged in.

I had accepted that some of the designs weren't working, but I was counting on using my Slice to cut letters for a gift wrapping idea I had for my Christmas gifts. I'm going to try again tomorrow (I don't think I'll get the update card for a few weeks now) and I'll try it plugged in. I also have some WD40, so I might as well try it too!

Thanks!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!