View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #3749
DancingFeather
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I checked those out last year. They look great, but are too pricey for me at $5.49 plus shipping for only 10 sets.
I am not certain of the project you were talking about in your original post but ....

an idea.....my aunt used to make all kinds of things and I remeber a closure she made.

got some fairly srtong thinish magnets, but them under the paper on one side (keeps it prettier) sometimes even making a punch the same size in the backing to keep it flatter...and a nice shinney disk that the magnet could stick to on the other side of the closure. they didn't cost much (I know they won't work well for already made items but idea for future)and she got everything at a craft "wearhouse" store in Edmonton, Canada (I think it was craft canada but not sure)but if they have them there gotta be able to find something similar other places.

also sometimes she would end up with weaker magnet or be doing it different and would put a magnet piece under paper on each side (just make sure they attract each other) . with it being just a small bumb under the paper it looked really nice and clean and didn't fall apart.

sometimes the magnets were harder and she couldn't change their size or shape and for some things she could use magnets that could be cut (with tin snips or something like that) it varried but the basic idea was the same

and I think it would be similar to the magnetic snaps.

hope this helps
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!