View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #1969
WordTrix
Gabfest Goddess

I know what you mean, Jeanne. It's crunch time and that means finishing up all the little Christmas projects. Tues and Wed I adhered felt backing to about two dozen ornaments stitched over the past year, then cut them out and added ribbon or floss hangers. Also finished a cross-stitch banner. I was smarter on this one than the last one I did. Instead of folding back the sides and sewing the edges along the back so your thread doesn't show -- which is a pain in the butt -- I used strips of Lite Steam-a-Seam. Much faster and easier, too!

Also had to make a tassel for the bottom, but looks cute. Still need to finish some backstitching on a beach scene stitched for a friend, then frame it and two other gifts. So much to do, so little time left... Just photographed everything that is done, must get those up on the blog. Maybe next week, after I've finished putting together the four musical whimsies. Then I need to figure out how to wrap those, as they are so sensitive the slightest touch makes them play. Don't want them all going off at once under the Christmas tree!

Still working in a little bit of reading every day, though not as much as previously -- usually just before bed. I finished CHRISTMAS IN CALICO, which was a pretty good holiday read, and am now on MRS. MIRACLE by Debbie Macomber. I taped the movie off TV two years ago (back when is till had cable), so plan to finally watch it once I've finished the book. This is book 102 for the year. Yup, I have already met my goal of 100 for 2011. Read 104 last year. We'll see if I manage to top that.

Heather

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!