View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart Mothermark's Mother's Bon Bons!

Okay, so here is the deal about this recipe! Warming! Extremely fattening! You hear about people laying around eating bon bons all day! This is the bon bon for them! My mother made these cookies for years and years when it was okay to cook with Eagle Brand Milk! Ha!

These are those kinda cookies where you make 108 of them, give them to neighbors and friends in little fun packages, eat one or two yourself and then call it good for the season! They freeze extremely well, so you can make a batch, pop them in the freezer and make up goody packages later! I must say, they are yummy.....but then just look at the ingredients! Yikes!

Mothermark's Mother's Bon Bons!

2 - 12 ounce packages chocolate chips
1/4 cup parafin (baking section at grocery store)
Melt together in double boiler.

4 cups chopped nuts
1 stick margarine, melted
2 packages powdered sugar or 1 - 2 pound bag
1 12 ounce package shredded coconut
1 tsp vanilla
1 can Eagle Brand Milk

Mix this all together, then roll into 1" balls for dipping in chocolate and parafin. Makes approximately 108 pieces.

Special Hint! My sis says she bought a *dipper* which works very well on these as opposed to using an ordinary spoon to dip into chocolate. I have been searching for one, when I ask sales people if they have dippers, they look at me like I am a nut. Imagine that!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!