View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 06:18 AM   #25
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Latest Update

December 1, 2011 Adventure.

Austin was in the hospital again on Thursday for a pretty severe abscess that has to be drain of all places his bottom, ouch! He has been a real trouper, not crying and fighting as much as he has before.

He was all dirty when we got home from the clinic so I had to put him in the showers. He fought me with everything he got, with me being a nurse I can be pretty strong, but this kid is strong. It was a battle with of who is stronger, of course I won, but not without a major fight and being sore all over.

Afterward, he came up to me and said Iím sorry for giving you a hard time Mommy. I was so surprise, coming out of 3 yrs old. I guess he is 3 going 30 according to many of his doctor due to what he has been through.

Children hospital just drained me out making me come back to do it, so it took all day Thursday and Friday.

He was miserable but has been all bubbly and sharp as a button. He asked me to play with him because the doctor did not give him the clearance to go back to school and daycare. I said why do you want me to play with you and he said because I LOVE YOU MOMMY! That just melts my heart.

Please keep Austin in your thoughts and prayers while Dr. Zimmerman re-read the MRI report from 2 weeks ago and that MD Anderson will give him a clean bill of health for at least 3 months anyway.

Aside from that Austin is all ready for Christmas. I am trying to get a Perkin Braille Typewriter for him for Christmas, he said okay, but I get toys too right Mommy? This child get about 1-2 toys every week, because we are trying to make up for the loss of his visions.

Please keep Carlos in your thought and prayers. He is in the hospital for a broken ankle and others issues.

We will be in Houston on December 12, 2011 and 13 for follow-up with the oncology team and Dr. Gombos.

I will let you know what we found out from Houston.

Thank you for checking on Austin and Happy Holiday from all of us.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!