Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #1  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Heart Hope You Can Cling To Thank you...

Wow - Evasempermom received this email from a patient at MD Anderson and wanted me to share it with all of you who so generously donated your time and talent to this effort!

Just wanted you to know how much I enjoy the "stamp art" cards you volunteers make and distribute at the M.D.Anderson Breast Center.

I go every Monday for my Chemo but was in the Breast Center today to see my Oncologist. They had a basket of "beautiful" cards for us to take. I got some a while ago and was so excited to see another basket this week. These are very different than the last basket...loved both, but especially love all the "pink" in these.

The one I chose that you did had 2 baby monkeys holding a heart balloon and it said "Best Friends". I was so happy you included your email so I could thank you. Some have names stamped on the backs of the cards, some have labels on the plastic bag, but most don't have any designation.

Thanks a million for your "volunteerism" and if you work in a group, please pass on my thanks to those who make them and don't put their name on them.

I had a single mastectomy in August with expander reconstruction and now I am going through my first 12 weeks of Taxol and Herception. In Jan, I will start F.E.C. chemo and Herceptin for another 12 weeks. After chemo, they will do my reconstruction surgery...in the spring. I feel so blessed they caught mine early...stage 1 and no lymph node involvment. We lived in Houston for 28 years, then retired to North Arkansas. Had been there 3 years, but knew where I had to come for treatment.

Thanks a million...you definitely made my day !!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #2  
neglecting the kids and housework

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*happy tears*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2011, 11:56 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts

Thanks so much for sharing this! Happy tears from me too!
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Heart

Holy moley, I just received my prize from Heartfelt Creations! I am so excited! I received the Daisy Patch Swirls Precut Set, the Daisy Patch Flowers AND the Daisy Patch die! WowwowWOW! What a wonderful prize to go along with the incredible opportunity to send Girl Power to these strong women! This makes my heart smile and my eyes tear up. Thank you, thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #5  
Duchess of CBCs

That is a lovely e-mail! Thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

oh how wonderful....so nice of her to write and share her appreciation.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This is soooo heartwarming! It makes me really happy that I took part in the challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you so much for sharing that. I'm so glad that we made a difference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 02:08 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

oh my... *sob* is joining the happy tears... How wonderful.... I was wondering if my cards arrived, and see that they are are mixed and shared and making a difference....

thank you so much for the foresight to put your email address....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 244 Likes on 184 Posts

Thank you for sharing this with all of us here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ladies! I got a thank you card for my HYCCT donation and the back of the envelope says the following:

"Please share with any friends who made cards!"

so I am! This card should be shared with everyone who created cards to donate to the center and all the sponsors who helped encourage people to donate.

I got a card with a purple bell-flower on it.

The inside left says "I feel privileged to have "met you through your act of kindness"

The card says:

"Dear Makalah, I am a volunteer at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and I visit with patients who are having chemotherapy or transfusions. My coordinator gave us some of your beautiful cards to hand out to patients & I wanted you to know of the joy, gratefulness and love they had for the cards and the gratitude they all expressed to those wonderful people who made them & donated them. They brought many smiles to faces & believe me - they are definitely enjoying them and amazed someone would do this for them.

Thank you so much for your talent and love you show to others by sharing with thtem.

Just wanted you to know they were very much appreciated and thank you so much. Love, Kay"

Doesn't that make you want to start on your HYCCT cards for next year?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #12  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Here's a thank you that came in this week: Hello,

I am a breast cancer patient at UT MDAnderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX.
I saw this website address on one of the cards I picked from a big basket of breautiful cards placed on a table at the "Breast Center" and another one at the "Beauty Shop". The card I picked was yellow and white and said "you are laugh out loud funny". It said created by PH in VA for splitcoaststampers.com, so I thought I would look around your site.

I also got a card a couple of months ago from Eva Semper. I got one with penguins and one with monkeys. Luckily she had her address stamped on the back so she and I have corresponded back and forth. She told me about the group that makes cards coast to coast for us very grateful cancer patients. I searched around your site and found her name with a picture.

When I am finished treatment in about 3 months, I will return from Houston back to my small home town in Arkansas (Flippin, AR) and hope to get into something like this for the "Pietz Cancer House in Mountain Home, AR....the next bigger town near me.

Just looking around your website has been so overwhelming and I don't know where to start. I have never made stamp art cards, but only lots of scrapbooking, but are really interested in doing this for others like me (paying it forward, so to speak).

Please let me know what I need to do to get started "slowly" in this group and how I could use it to do this same kind of challenge in my hometown for the local cancer patients that choose to stay local for their cancer treatment.

Everytime I see the basket out, I pick up a couple and use them to send thank you notes to people who have helped me, sent food, or items. I love every one I pick and would like someone to pass on MY HUGE THANKS AND GRATEFULNESS FOR DOING THIS FOR US. Other people make knitted hats, scarves, pink heart shaped pillows, cotton scarf hats, etc, etc. I am so touched by the generousity of all of you volunteers .

Patricia (Pat) Dagenais
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandblueView Post
Here's a thank you that came in this week: Hello,

I am a breast cancer patient at UT MDAnderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX.
I saw this website address on one of the cards I picked from a big basket of breautiful cards placed on a table at the "Breast Center" and another one at the "Beauty Shop". The card I picked was yellow and white and said "you are laugh out loud funny". It said created by PH in VA for splitcoaststampers.com, so I thought I would look around your site.

I also got a card a couple of months ago from Eva Semper. I got one with penguins and one with monkeys. Luckily she had her address stamped on the back so she and I have corresponded back and forth. She told me about the group that makes cards coast to coast for us very grateful cancer patients. I searched around your site and found her name with a picture.

When I am finished treatment in about 3 months, I will return from Houston back to my small home town in Arkansas (Flippin, AR) and hope to get into something like this for the "Pietz Cancer House in Mountain Home, AR....the next bigger town near me.

Just looking around your website has been so overwhelming and I don't know where to start. I have never made stamp art cards, but only lots of scrapbooking, but are really interested in doing this for others like me (paying it forward, so to speak).

Please let me know what I need to do to get started "slowly" in this group and how I could use it to do this same kind of challenge in my hometown for the local cancer patients that choose to stay local for their cancer treatment.

Everytime I see the basket out, I pick up a couple and use them to send thank you notes to people who have helped me, sent food, or items. I love every one I pick and would like someone to pass on MY HUGE THANKS AND GRATEFULNESS FOR DOING THIS FOR US. Other people make knitted hats, scarves, pink heart shaped pillows, cotton scarf hats, etc, etc. I am so touched by the generousity of all of you volunteers .

Patricia (Pat) Dagenais
*snuffle*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #14  
neglecting the kids and housework

Oh my word snuffle indeed.

I think this year when I have my big fundraiser I will have the people make up a card and have them all ready to send off to TX in October. I could have everything cut and make a little station and maybe post its for people to slip messages in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts

I just got this email today:

Hi Dina,
I thought you might like to know where some of your donated creative cards have landed. I am an 11 yr. breast cancer survivor and volunteer in the Breast Center at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. We received a basketful of assorted handmade cards to dsitribute to patients who are waiting for their appointments. I want you to know just how much these cards are appreciated and really brighten a person's day. Some have made selections to send to someone who has done a kind deed for them. I, myself, have selected several to send to patients who are struggling and need some encouragement. Thank you for reaching out to those you don't even know with the donation of such lovely cards.
Blessings,
Rosemary Herron
Pink Ribbon Volunteer
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes