View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #441
I love rubber
Gallery Gazer

Finally back from China. We had fun, as we do on all our holidays, but would never go back nor recommend the trip to others. Some of the cultural treasures ie Terra Cotta Warriors, Great Wall, Forbidden City etc. were amazing but waking up every day to polluted grey skies, a dirty Yangtze River, and cities with 30 million people took the joy out of it. Specially if you come from relatively clean and underpopulated Canada. We've done extensive travel in Europe where the population is quite dense, but the cities are clean, livable, with well kept antiquities. Nearly every holiday we go on ends with us thinking we would like to rent a house and stay a couple of months to investigate further, this one ended with "Take me home!". Could be the first holiday we've come home from where we lost weight, their Chinese food was not that great. We went to a small gourmet style restaurant where the food was the best Chinese food we've ever experienced in our lives, but were told this is an anomaly. The best part was the Chinese people, very helpful whenever we got lost, mostly happy and very friendly, beautiful very treasured children, and very safe everywhere we went. Glad to be back,
Elizabeth
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!