View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #6246
PH in VA
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
Glad you got back safely from all the driving, Gail - the rain definitely makes it more tiring. And since it's hard to drive much more than 4 hours in any direction in Ireland, I just can't imagine the distances some of you drive! 15 hours for PH, 10 for Gail.
We managed to knock out the trip in 13.5 hours on the way home. Since the speed limit on many of the interstates has been raised to 70 mph outside of the largest cities, we're able to legally drive faster than we used to. We've found that it helps to travel at night, because the kids will sleep and not be asking to stop for snacks and/or bathroom breaks every couple of hours. There's also a lot less traffic at night. We started out at about 7:00 Saturday night (after eating supper) and got home around 8:30 Sunday morning, just in time for breakfast - so not having to stop for a meal also cut out a lot of time.

But yes, it's still a long time to be cooped up in a vehicle. I did manage to sleep through most of South Carolina.
My Blog ~ Thinking of Inking
My SCS Gallery

Last edited by PH in VA; 11-29-2011 at 03:17 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!