View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 04:44 AM   #1198
Mad Swapper

I know there is a thread for this, but I'm posting here because I spend so much time on this thread. I know that there are greater needs than my request. I'm not going through the emotion of having lost a loved one or a desperately ill family member, BUT... PLEASE PRAY that it doesn't flood our house again. Our city has just put out a Flood Warning for our area. Our home has been flooded twice in the last four years.

The first one totaled our two used vehicles [they were in our garage] and we had to rip our house out to the studs...flooring and walls and everything. We lost so much and had to live with my sis and her husband for months till we moved back into our home. I had to toss TONS of stamping supplies because of the flood waters. We had insurance on the structure, but not our contents.

We are older now and do not want to have to go through this again. Three of the homes on our street have had their foundations raised by cinder blocks FOUR HIGH in order to protect them from flood waters. The next street over has had five homes raised and two homes razed. Know what I mean?

We can't sell our home, no one wants to live here. The first one was what they called a "100 year flood." Well, they just keep happening, probably because of all the building going on in our county.

Oh, dear...I'm rambling. The river is supposed to crest on Wednesday morning. I'm going to log off and go try to clean up my stamp room and get everything off the floor. LOL...that will take all morning. PLEASE pray for a hedge around our city and that the rain will disappear. I don't want anyone to have to go through this again.

Many thanks,
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!