View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 02:10 AM   #6180
beestamper
Mad Swapper

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL! I miss our chatting. I'm looking forward to some cooking and stamping - but mostly the stamping . We alternate between my hubby's family and mine. This year we will stay here and have dinner with his big family (26 in all). I have been assigned dessert. I'm going to make my mother's fabulous carrot cake and a chocolate mint silk torte. When we go to my folks', my mother won't let anyone in the kitchen. I've only ever cooked a turkey once in my 40 years. And then, I was a new bride and wanted to impress my dh's family. I didn't know there was stuff up inside of the turkey!! His mother was so gracious. She pulled that stuff out (after it cooked), threw it in the trash and said, "Well, we just won't tell anyone about that and winked at me." I knew right then and there I belonged in this family.

Which reminds me, I need to go back through the thread and copy all of the wonderful recipes you all shared.

I picked out the Copics for my prize - a skin tone set and the sky and sea set. Looking forward to getting them and trying them out. Can't wait to get the book too! I am so intimidated by markers.

I still can't believe I won a prize. I feel very blessed, but even more so by sharing my passion for crafting with all of you.

Have a blessed day.