View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #161
vikkijo
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!
Default A sugar free Holiday Dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolc1027 View Post
If anyone is interested, here is the recipe from Cooking Light Magazine. I will tell you that I did NOT use the fat free/low fat stuff - I used all regular ingredients since this is for a holiday......

1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
1/3 cup fat-free milk
1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk, divided
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
Cooking spray
1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
[*]1. Preheat oven to 350.[*]2. Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil. Bake potatoes at 350 for 1 1/2 hours or until tender, and discard foil. Let stand 10 minutes; peel. Place flesh in a large bowl; discard skins. Mash flesh with fork. Stir in fat-free milk, 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, sugar, butter, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Stir in eggs.[*]3. Fit dough into a 9 1/2-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Press dough against bottom and sides of pan. Fold edges under, and flute. Spoon sweet potato mixture into prepared crust. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until set.[*]4. Place the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk to cheese mixture; reserve remaining milk for another use. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Carefully pour cream mixture evenly over pie. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into wedges

Maureen Callahan, Cooking Light
NOVEMBER 2011
Exactly!

I have a recipe for a casserole bake thingy.. it was on the back of a baking mix box of Jiffy
It called for MILK, I was out (are you kidding me, no one tells me when they empty things)
so since everything else was ready I used Sweetened Condensed Milk.
So I added a few calories to dinner! LOL
The guys all loved it!
I need to bake up a desert called Robert Redford. I sent DS to get me pudding and milk, he brings back Skim Milk and Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding.
Oh and .... Fat Free Cool Whip! If he thinks he's being subtle and telling me I have a fat butt, he's so in trouble! LOL

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!