View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 04:05 AM   #37
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart APPRECIATION STATION ~ from Eula!

WARM FUZZIES FROM EULA!

Eula Cousins has been our destination on her birthday for two years now? Why you ask? Because last year, she was 108 and this year she is 109! We are gonna keeping going every year just like her! Ha! This was a wonderful message that we got from her about the cards we sent her this year. We all included a letter sharing what our lives are like this year, she loved that!

In Eula's own words:

Dear Friends!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You out did yourselves this year. AND I did not think that was possible. My friend Jackie must have told you how much I love learning about people and how they live their lives. You put the icing on my cake by taking the time to tell me about YOURSELVES!!! I received around 45 cards and such wonderful letters. At my age... The best thing that can happen is for people to share their story and lives with me. I am intrigued by the richness of the stories and love reading with interest how people spend their days and what they are interested in. SO..... Imagine my surprise when I received the most magnificent birthday cards AND all these lovely letters. So much to take in and SO interesting. I stayed in my chair reading from sun up to sunset.

I want to share one of my inspired moments with you. I was reading the letter from the "friend" who shared her life and a photo of her dog Lady. I love animals and I looked at Lady's photo. On our property we have a church and every year on October 4 we have the Blessing of the animals - St Francis of Assisi Day! I always try to attend.... we have all these amazing cats and dogs and of course I have taken my cat and now my bird. This year... I could not figure how I was going to get over to the church... nothing stops me.. however, when I am inspired. GUESS what I did??? I went to the lunch area and looked for a young man who has always been kind to me. I told him my mission and how much I needed to get my wheelchair over to the church on the other side of the property. He got up from his job and said.. don't worry! I will help you. He pushed me there and other men helped to get my wheel chair up the steps. I took that lovely photo of Lady in to be blessed along with my bird. It was such a blessing for me to include Lady this year. I feel like I really did something special because I could "feel" how much she means to her family.

God Bless you all! I am enjoying each day of my life. My birthday was made so special again by all of your beautiful cards. All my friends are jealous...... and I just tell them that I KNOW PEOPLE!!!! Thank you and if you can find a way to get to Philadelphia.. come and see me. I would LOVE that!

Love to All!
Eula Cousins

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-22-2011 at 04:26 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!