View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #639
wendy2512
Forum Fanatic

Heart hello all...:0)

Being a newbie here I had no idea how strong a friendship you guys have here. So way cool....:0)....I might not keep up to all but will try to keep in touch. Being its monday a whole new week to start fresh as the week end was yucky...lol...nothing major just yucky as to kitchen minor disasters...( I keep saying minor because after reading and seeing so much hurt and big problems out there a few botches cakes and recipes and Missing a staff Christmas party is nothing)...but I am saddened about that they switches the place that the party was and I didn't read the newest memo..I saw the first one and that stuck so didn't bother reading that big embrarrassingly to say paper on our staffroom door. I spent the night before till 2 in the a.m. finishing a big penquin cake, and was so excited to see the staff at the bowling party, and I came early to help set up ..reaaly early i guess...lol...the only thing that made it funny as I am done crying now and can start to smile maybe...is they didnt cancel this old place so even the owner where i was said yes your company is booked here, so I waited and after a bit i thought i must have missed where the supper was so ill just wait here to bowl with them at least, and after a bit i gave up and drove to double check the work place and nothing so went home and then my son said they called and are waiting for you at the bowling alley....lol..so wehre do i go , I figured that just as i left they came there so went back to the old bowling alley i just left a bit ago...and still no-one there , but they called the owner there and siad the new location...by then I was sooo embrarrassed I just went hoem and had a hot shower, great visit with my son and did a good kitchen clean-up as it needed becasue i had to work all that day and was not cleaned up before the last night.
Luckily I have the next 2 days off to chill and figure out how to show my face at work again...I still feel so dumb, mostly, a bit sad becaseu last year we didnt even get a party at all and I am big about keeping staff together on a fun level and to get to know each other more, so you can be better friends and work better together. Plus they actually had a couple great gift cards for work for door prizes and I f I won even a little one that would have helped buy a couple presents for Christmas...but God is good and through it all sas i reflect back to last night I did meet a neat young family at that bowling alley I did go to and they let me chill in the back with 3 fun, young puppies (how fun is that), while i waited, and had a great time and chat with my 17 year old son, so I guess all in all it was good.
wierd tho, I have never kept a journal , but just typing this makes one feel better...lol...Im sorry if you guys actually read all this and I wasted your time, but if you do thanks for the open ear....and on the light note....lol...how does one show up for work on my next day and admit that aI am dumb and missed the fun, by my stupididty...maybe wear a bag over head and just work the job and they dont have to see who i is...lol...take card all and keeping you all in thoughts and prayers...:0)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!