View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #5808
GRKIDDO
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
The last sale I had, they gave me two tables in an "L" shape. Which was great. But DD and I are used to one table and can whip through the set up time. Man, that "L" shape, really confused us LOL It took so long to figure out what to do with all that room Eventually it was done, DD took photos and I keep reminding her to download them. Maybe this weekend.
I had to laugh when I saw this. I went to set up on Thursday night for my first ever 2 day event. I was expecting to have 8 feet. Had 16!!! I have never had more then 8 feet so for a long time stood there trying to figure out what on earth I was going to do!! I finally filled it all in and was happy with the display. I didnt think I'd be able to fill it all in, but once everything was unpacked, I still needed room! I was VERY happy with how much I made! I had to give 20% so it cost me $76 for the table, but I think it was worth it. Would have been better if the table was only $20, but what can you do? And I got into this local church which is VERY VERY hard to get into for next year!!!!!!! There was awoman who stood there about 25 minutes watching me. Then she came closer and started studying my items. Then she asked if I'd be interested in being a vendor elsewhere. When she told me where she was from I was shocked! There is a waiting list of like 5 years if you don't get invited! So I am just waiting for the contract, which she is emailing me this week!!!!! And only 358 more days until I will be there!! Only downside? It means I will be at sales the first 3 weekends of November next year! But if I start crafting now...I should be way ahead for next year right???

Top sellers by order of favorites:
1 Post it note frames
2 Altered starbucks jars filled
3/4 (kind of a tie) - altered mini notebooks with matching pens AND Post it note purses
5 boxes folled with candies. I lost count at selling 27. Also got a special order for another 5 since I sold out of the one color.
6 Popcorn holders
7 Mini hershey bar holders and hershey bar snowmen
8 snowman soup

Only sold a few (maybe 5) decorated rulers. Sold about 7 Lip Balm holders. 10 Hand sanitiser holders. also had a bunch or plastic canvas ornaments I made years ago. Didnt think they'd sell but I was surprised. Sold quite a few.

So now I am going to take a break. That is after the three classes I have planned over the next couple of weeks, as well as an order for 75 baby shower invitations, oh and party favors too, and then there is Christmas.... And then right back to crafting!

Good luck to everyone!! And I look forward to more ideas!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!