View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #6136
Greywolf
Watercolor Wizard

I saved this recipe and just got around to making it tonight. It is delicious! I actually stopped after the chicken was cooked and haven't added the cream cheese or soup. (I wouldn't use the cream cheese anyway - yuck!)

It would make a wonderful casserole for company though if I mixed it with rice and soup and maybe some veggies. I might make it that way the next time we have a pot luck at church. I was so surprised at how moist the chicken was since we didn't add any liquid other than the butter. There was a lot of fat left in the bottom of the crock pot, most of which I think I would drain before adding rice, etc.

It took just about 4 hours to cook to 180. Perfect!

Thanks for posting the recipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
Hi everyone. We just had a yummilicious supper...

Italian Crock Pot Chicken

1 to 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 tbsp. butter, melted
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 8-oz. package cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup

Put chicken in bottom of crock pot. Pour melted butter over chicken. Sprinkle dry dressing mix over chicken and butter. Cook on low for 4 hours. Blend cream cheese and cream of chicken soup, and stir into crock pot. Cook an additional 30 to 45 minutes. Serve over rice or pasta.

I cut the chicken into bite-size pieces before putting it in the crock pot. I use neufchatel cheese and the low-fat, low sodium version of cream of chicken soup to make it a little healthier. It smells sooooooo good while it's cooking!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!