View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 05:50 AM   #22
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Here is the latest post from Austin's site...

Austin MRI's result on Friday

We got Austin MRI result from Friday. The enhancement and the little fluid pocket behind the eye appear remained unchanged. We will take that as good news.

We are heading to Philly on Sunday. Please pray for Austin.

I just have to mention that we have lost a very much closed friend just about a week ago. She is like a mother to me. I was devastated with the news.

The only that I can think of is how it is so awful for her family at this past weeks and the months to come with the holiday around the corner.

The only thing that I could think about is that Shelby said to me about a couples days before she passed away is that I sent her a photo of Austin with his friend John holding hand Austin in the play ground and a Great Dane who is also blind, she also have a sighted friend another Great Dane.

This is Shelby exact word to me which brought me to tears that I have been holding in for all this month: Christine, I love this. Okay, I have to be honest and tell you I cried when I saw John leading Austin. I love that John will lead him Christine, but it just hurts to know Austin will never see again. I know you go thru this everyday and I know it hurts you so much to think of things he canít do. Okay I will shut up and now turn this around.

Austin, is still here with his parents and very much loved Ė Yes

Austin can still smell, hear, feel, taste Ė Yes

Austin is a happy well adjusted little boy Ė Yes

Sorry Christine. I never mean to bring you down. Today is just one of those days for me. I love each one of you!!!!! - Shelby.

Shelby always seems to know whatís on my mind. I burst out crying, even though I know that Austin is happy, it really saddened me that he could not see all the beauty around him. Especially around the holiday season, which he love so much. Last year around this time he could see. How things change so fast. I havenít even put together Austinís baby book yet.

They say the eye is the window of a soul, even though I know Austin is not any less than our precious and extremely smart child. I know that he would have loved to be able to see all of the Christmas decoration.

Enough of the sad stories, there is one thing that I do know for certain is that Shelby is real angel watching and praying over all three of us as we continues to marvel through our journey with Retinoblastoma.

I want to say that I wish Shelby family will continues to heal over this extraordinary shocking loss, because I am.

Shelby, I know you are watching and seeing this, we love very much and missed you dearly.

Carlos, Austin and Christine
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!