View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #4572
Makalah
Die Cut Diva

Question

Not at all related to the current discussion, but since so many of you have kids...

My friends and I are heading to Toys R Us Saturday to do some shopping for Toys for Tots. It's a win win - we get to go play with toys and have fun picking stuff out, and then the toys are donated to the Salvation Army to distribute them. Of the 7 of us, only one couple has a kid, and she's only 10 months so I'm looking for real life parent advice!

Does anyone have any toy-buying advice? Get stuff for toddlers, get things for adolescents, get games/books/things that don't require batteries, buy batteries anyway, what's trendy, what do your kids love, etc.! Anything to help me shop! Last year we just had fun putting together a theme package of toys, but this year I'd like to go in with some suggestions, as Toys R Us can be overwhelming to someone who only goes once a year. I also don't have a lot of money to spend (but will gladly help the 6 others spend theirs!) so what toys are the best bang for my frugal buck?

Feel free to PM me if you prefer...who knows where the topics in this thread will go tomorrow once more prizes get handed out!

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!