View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #718
Janet K
Inking Addict

[QUOTE
The fact that one parent did not make those choices honorably doesn't mean children won't see and learn from a parent who does, and who finds the grace and strength to behave with dignity. Those convictions aren't worth any less just because one individual makes poor choices.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for these words. I am currently going through problems with the fact that my ex has basically moved his gf (the one he cheated on me with for four years during our 17 1/2 year marriage) into our old house. I have a 17 yo son and I feel like I'm the only parent who is setting a good example. I have been feeling that I try so hard to show good morals and values and my ex just cancels me out because of his actions.

I can only hope that my son will be influenced more by me than by his selfish father.

I have been mainly a lurker on this thread since it started and I have to say that it has helped me get through my divorce because I can relate to what many of you are saying. It does get better, but takes a long time. I have been divorced for 3 1/2 years, but sometimes it seems like just yesterday.

Words of advice would be don't rush things, expect setbacks as you move forward on your new journey towards a better life. Remember we will all be better in the end. Take time to heal.

Thanks to all who share their stories on this thread.

Jan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!