View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 06:26 AM   #713
scrappingramma
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Yahoo to scrappingramma

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
Now that's a classy approach!

Uh, yeah, wonder how that will work out for him. And how kind to put the kids in the middle. Jeepers.

I had a rough week. Found out Monday that my 17yo cat, sweet old fellow, is sick. Not surprising at his age. Could be one of several things but all can be treated with cortisone shots so with vet's blessing I'm going to skip the tests, biopsies, invasive treatment for whichever condition it is and just keep him comfortable and happy for as long as possible. Last week my Mom, who's 82, fell and fractured her pelvis. Just a lot of feelings of things irrevocably changing that I'd always taken for granted. On weds I broke down and cried for about 4 hours.

On the bright side at least no one is trying to manipulate my kids (which would be hard since the closest i've gotten are cats and dogs...).

Seriously, hugs to all of you.

It never fails to amaze me how far out of their way people will go to try and justify shabby behavior. At least STBX had the decency to say I know I'm being selfish and apologize for hurting me, and with a couple of exceptions he's pretty much stayed out of my way and behaved as kindly as possible. I'm not elated that he'd rather chase waitresses than be married but at least he admitted it and asked to separate instead of trying to sneak around and justify himself.
To me that is the grown up way to do this, not sneaking around, telling lies to your spouse and children. He was honest with you, and that counts for something.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!