View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #18
fairsinger
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstreez View Post
Soon I'll be forced to simplify my whole crafting life. I've been living single for a long time and a lot of my spare time I've put into my card making craft. I recently got engaged and in a few months I'll be making a move out to the fiances farm.
I got married a few years ago and the room that was supposed to be my craft room in our new house ended up being used to store all the wedding gifts and eventually was spillover for other storage needs. Fast forward nearly 4 years (and a baby) later, and most of my crafting supplies were still in boxes and I was pulling out just what I needed to make a card now and then, taking it into another room and trying to put it all together, and it was SO frustrating. Finally I told my husband that I needed at least one side of that room to stop being a storage room and start being my craft room! The crazed look in my eyes must have convinced him that I was serious, because he reorganized the room, put my craft table back in, and I was able to start creating again in peace. I still have to share the room with lots of storage boxes, but I faced my craft table to the wall so I don't have to look at all those boxes and I can pretend I'm back to having a "real" craft room. When I was single, I had a wonderful craft room with plenty of space, but I guess the trade-off for a wonderful husband was a semi-acceptable craft room!!

Just wanted to say that I sympathize with you and that I hope you can find a little niche to carve out for yourself at the farm. I gave up my Stampers Ten group when I got married because I knew I'd have less time to stamp, and I wish I hadn't done that because I miss it! It did feel like I lost a little bit of my identity, and if I had to do it over again I would have kept given that part of my life a little more importance. But getting a wonderful husband is more important than having the perfect craft room and tons of time to stamp, in my opinion! Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

My Blog: Insomniac Stamper
My Gallery
SCS Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!