View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #12
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

I am simplifying too. My reason is that I let a bunch of elitist bullies tear me down and buy things I didn't need so they could make themselves feel better about themselves. They did this to me during the time I was going through a lot of turmoil in my life and mourning the loss of my daughter. They got me when I was depressed and couldn't fight back. Can you tell I am mad. I hate bullies.

I am all over this simplifying thing, lol. I hate clutter. I gave a lot of things away to my Mom & her elderly friends. I teach them to craft so they always get thrilled when I give them everything. Also a lot of my items went to a girls shelter that helps young women get back on their feet after being raped and abused.

A lot of my fabric items and yarn items went to a residential home. The ladies there have a group that makes quilts for the new residents. They also make bags and fill them with items for homeless children.

I am a very frugal girl by nature. It means a lot to me that I can craft frugally. I have done this for years. Then I find crafting online and it all went awry because I was depressed. I am going back to my core frugality with a few specialty tools thrown in. If I can't get it locally then I don't want it. The only thing I am breaking the rule on this is rubber stamps. I prefer to buy them online since I can't find my styles locally. No more tools that the consumables have to be bought online. I buy a few embellishments online because I can get them cheaper.

Since I am doing this I found my work has gotten a lot better and I don't fret. I don't have those bullies in my head criticizing me.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!