View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #254
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT170 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT170 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is . If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to fellow Teapotter, Kathy (CAKath). Kathy is in need of some warm fuzzies and heartfelt sympathy wishes at this time! Back in the beginning of October, Kathy and I scheduled her sister Joanne to be the destination for this week's challenge. We were to send beautiful beach themed cards to Joanne to get her mind off her cancer treatments. Sadly, Joanne's teaparty just did not come quick enough as she passed away on Wednesday, October 12th. Kathy had vowed to wear pink all month in October has her mother, aunt and 2 younger sisters all battled breast cancer.

Kathy's sister (Joanne ) was diagnosed with a serious kidney condition when she was in her 20's. Despite that, she pursued having 2 children but each pregnancy resulted in more pain and illness. The disease continued to progress putting her in a wheelchair from time to time, unable to walk. Great discipline and care resulted in her bouncing back for the most part until breast cancer struck a few years ago. Surgery and recovery seemed to be on the horizon. Joanne was determined to have a full life and embarked on the process for a kidney transplant, until a tumor was discovered during that process. She progressed to total kidney failure and dialysis. Then, chemo and the side effects. She was scheduled for invasive treatment in hopes of stopping the tumor from growing further in October and November. Sadly, she lost her battle before that could happen. Kathy was able to get to her side and spend time with her during her last days.

In honor of Joanne, I have changed the destination this week to Kathy herself as this is a very sad time in her family. I am hoping a nice collection of cards can be sent to Kathy and she can share them with her family as well.

Here is Kathy's address:

Kathy Baffone
2862 Opal Court
Simi Valley, CA 93063

Thank You!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!