View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
Barbara Jay
Die Cut Diva

Default I am going to simplify. Anyone want to join me?

I have only been at this for 2 & 1/2 years and I can see the amount of supplies can get out of hand without some discipline.

The 80/20 rules is that we use 20% of anything 80% of the time. We use 20% of our living space 80% of the time. We wear 20% of our clothes 80% of the time. We use 20% of our stamping supplies 80% of the time.
I want to identify the 20% I use all the time and ditch the 80% that is rarely used, but takes up valuable storage space.

I don't want to go to just CAS cards , but rather simplify my supplies. I am spending too much time keeping everything organized. Plus I don't want to spend a small fortune on storage containers and units.

I use my Copics, dies, Cuttlebug and Tonic paper cutter all of the time so those will stay.

So far I think I can get rid of all the ribbon except white and color the white with Copics or Distress ink to match any color I need.
The Glitter can go I rarely use it. I will keep Dazzling Diamonds for snow.
I can thin out the adhesives to just Scor-Tape. Zip Dry and Tacky. The others don't work well.

I am going to prune the paper punches.

Anyone else in the simplify mood?