View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #19
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Here is the latest update on sweet Austin...

Happy Halloween!

It has been quite a while since I updated on Austin status. Everything has been quiet, he just had some minor bruises, cuts and bumps from Austin getting taller, not seeing so he is constantly hitting the granite kitchen counter. No stitches so far.

Austin is still having another set of prosthetic eyes being made. Thing just havenít look right with his other 2 sets of eyes. This is quite stressful for Mom, since Austin cannot see. I just want it to look and feel right for Austin. This is important to me, especially now when he is developing his confident and self-esteem. Other kids around him will stare and ask question about his eyes. I just donít want it to impact his self confident and self-esteem from the beginning. It probably sound silly because he is blind, but it make me feel better that I can do as much as I can to help reinforce Austin self-esteem.

Austin is schedule for his next MRI on November 11, 2011, then our regular follow-up labs and discussions of the MRI result the following Monday.

We are heading to Philly for Thanksgiving for a follow up exam under anesthesia with Dr. Shields. I hope the result of Austin MRI will be better or just stable would be good too.

Wishing everyone a Happy Halloween, Austin just loves pumpkins and this holiday. He feel it and smell it every chance he get.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!