View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #681
muddy otter
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
Well guess what?! He finally moved out on Sunday... I won't say willingly but deep down he knew it was time... he's had his apt since Oct 1st and kept putting it off because he wasn't "emotionally" ready. When would one be emotionally ready to leave his four kids?! Today (meaning last weekend) probably is not any easier than six months ago or two months from now. The only difference, I told him, was that three of our kids have birthdays this week, and six months ago I told him I didn't want it to come down to leaving around their birthdays because that would stick with them for the rest of their lives. And here we were, a week from the bdays, and I added that next weekend was right in the middle of these, and the weekend after was too far away. I'm being selfish now and not waiting another two weeks for him to leave. Then I reminded him that I was taking the keys back from him too, which he didn't think I was serious about. He could call first to make arrangements for the rest of his stuff. So of course he threw the keys at me while speaking a few choice words.

But that's okay, you can't, or maybe you can, imagine the relief and huge wait off of my shoulders on Monday! *sigh* I had a brief meltdown/panic attack Sunday night but am doing much better so far. I know there will be ups and downs but for now, it's okay!
Oh Laurie! That's a big step and I'm so glad to hear the relief in your voice. I think there's a terrible selfishness in wanting to have it both ways, as he clearly has tried to do. I hope this is the beginning of your being able to get on with your OWN life. For all that it has its ups and downs, I think you're so right about the relief.

ALL the best to you, and hang in there.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!