View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 06:17 AM   #18
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Please continue to pray for sweet Tyler and his family.

Tyler Tucker has made a journal update:

NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR TYTY

I am going to try explain whats going on with Tyler and our family. Papa George had to drive them because Ashley and Richie have no car so Papa went and stayed at RMD house with Ethan and Jayden. Papa George loves these boys so much.

Tyler and family drove all the way from Greenville to Baltimore Maryland which took eleven hours and then four really tough days (in Baltimore). Ashley's bone from her leg was not a match, so dad, Ritchie was in line next. They tested Richie scans and twenty two vials of blood and did a physical. Dad is a match so this was great.

Then there was meetings long meetings with Dr's and more Dr's. Dr Rodriguez has to have a lot of teams for this surgery. Transplant teams, all kinds of teams so there were meetings with each team. Dr Rodriguez explained how much Tyler needs this surgery without it things don't look good for Tyler.

Tyler is in constant pain from his jaw and stays on mediation. He cannot hardly eat. It's getting worst. He also has leg pain and cries when the weather is bad or raining or if he tries to walk any distance at all. All the Dr's agreed that this has to be done except for the head of the oncology department. If one Dr disagrees then they cannot do the surgery. The oncology Dr said to Ashley that this surgery has only been done one time seven years ago and that was not on a jaw. since then only to monkeys. The medication Tyler would be put on could cause a secondary cancer. Tyler could die in the surgery. She thinks there too much risk. i wonder if she would say the same if this were her child. What kind of life will Tyler have?

This is so sad we need your prayers.

Dr Rodriquez' said that Tyler doesn't have many options. The oncology's Dr said to take muscle from Tyler and try that. I talked to Dr Rodriguez he told me that taking the muscle from Tyler's leg could cripple him for life. I told him no we are not going to do that. Tyler already has his legs messed up from taking his fibula from both legs and from his leg being broken from the surgery in April this year. He still has metal rods in his leg and screws to hold his ankle on to the large leg bone. He told me to give him a week or so and that he was going to try convince this Dr that Tyler must have this surgery, his future depends own it. He also said that he will get the surgery done if he has to come to Charleston to do it.

Dr Rodriguez said that he will never give up on Tyler. Thank God for this Dr. We know that he will do what he thinks is best for Tyler.

He also said that he has to take the metal plate out of Tyler's jaw and his jaw is going to turn his face side ways and flat on one side; but it has to come out before infection starts. He told me to not cancel anything that he was hoping that he can still have the surgery November 28th. So we are just praying that God's will be done.

Dr Rodriguez also called Dr Kaveka in Charleston and told her what the oncologist had said and she wouldnt' agree. He's hoping she can change the oncology Dr's mind in Maryland.

This is so hard on our family. We feel that Tyler should have this surgery, its about all the hope that's left till he's grown. What is he to do lay in pain and take drugs. What kind of life will this be for TyTy.

Please pray for us and help us make the right decision.

We also want to thank everyone that has donated to Tyler. Without help we cannot get Tyler the medical attention he needs or go to Maryland to see Dr Rodriguez. God bless you all and thank you all so much for helping save Tyler.

If you can donate please do, go to suntrust give my name and Tyler's and Greenville or mail to
Tyler Tucker c/o Darlene Cox
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610
or on tylertucker.com

We will be taking Tyler to Drs for the rest of his life. Please keep praying for TyTy

PRAY PRAY PRAY FOR TYLER

FROGgin’ (F.R.O.G. – Fully Rely On God)
for
Tyler

turpin10648@gmail.com
Tyler Tucker c/o Darlene Cox
PO BOX 14386
Greenville, SC 29610

--
FROGgin’ (F.R.O.G. – Fully Rely On God)
for
Tyler

turpin10648@gmail.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!