View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 04:59 AM   #823
sewsplendidstamper
neglecting the kids and housework

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvilbaum View Post
Out of 5 cards I have to finish, I got 2-1/2 done. But I did finally get my first box of cards sent off to the Hospital. Ended up grabbing a flat rate envelope to put them in and it would have ended up about the same price if I had had to buy an envelope at the Post Office, so I just sent them in the flat rate envelope for $5.
Meg, the envelopes you found stashed in your closet sound perfect for these pink cards we have been making. I have a whole drawer full of envelopes in various sizes. Most of them are too big for A2 size but I keep thinking I will make a larger card some day.
I will have to look and see if I can change my settings somewhere on Splitcoast to see if that will adjust the time it says I post.
Not sure if you send cards to older folks or anyone who might have lower mobility or a stroke. I use larger envelopes for those people but keep the card the same size. I usually also write any message on a slip of paper and include a envelope for the card if it's going to my gma. She then can use the card herself.
ANyway she's had a few strokes and can't get tight fitting mail out of the envelopes herself but a regualr sized card in the next size up envie works great.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!