Challenge Title: Paint Your Heart Out
Hostess: stampinlibby aka Libby
Date: Monday, October 17th, 2011
Today's challenge is inspired by my amazing grandma. She is an incredible artist. She has painted on canvas, on walls like the beautiful trompe l'oeil scene in the entryway of her home, on boxes, on sets for plays with the community theater group she helped start in my hometown, on faces when she has done stage make-up... the list goes on and on. I would love to have just a fraction of her talent!! Well ok, maybe I inherited a fraction - I wish I had ALL of it!!
And - well - she's also a breast cancer survivor!! So in honor of my breast cancer surviving artist grandma - PAINT will be required on the projects for today's challenge!
You can use any sort of paint, any way you'd like! Acrylics, watercolors, shimmer paint, washes - you name it! Create a fun background, color in your image, do whatever strikes your fancy! I cannot wait to see what you PAINT!!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
A huge thank you goes out to my wonderful sample makers Sally (Sally T
), Patty (pattyb
) and Leslie (meerkat3
) - you ladies rock!!
Thank you for participating in this card drive!