Challenge Title: It touches all of us
Hostess: pattyb (AKA Patty)
Date: Friday, October 14, 2011
A few years ago a small town here in Michigan decided to “Turn the town Pink
for Christmas.” Part of the kick off was a “Power of Pink
Brunch” and the speaker that year was the young woman that happened to be Miss Michigan at the time. She did a little exercise that I’d like to share with you.
To start you need to imagine yourself in a room full of women, be it a stampin’ get together, a conference, a school reunion, church, or the workplace.
Now close your eyes while I ask some questions, imagine that room full of women and keep your eyes closed:
1) Everyone stand that has/had breast cancer
2) Stand if you’ve had a mother, aunt, sister, grandmother, or daughter touched by the disease.
Do you hear chairs shuffling around you?
3) Stand if you’ve had a neighbor, friend, school mate, or co-worker touched by the disease.
Now open your eyes and look around, what do you think you’ll see in this room full of women?
I imagine that every person in this room will be standing.
This is why SCS has Hope you can cling to …. It touches us all.
So my challenge to you is to make a pink
collage! Use the photos below for inspiration, and do a collage in any of the following ways:
Unique collage-the Serendipity technique!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery
, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Thank you for participating in this card drive! HUGE thanks to Lisa (ponygirl40) and Susie (Susie Nelson) and Lisa (Lisa Foster)
for helping me out with samples!