Challenge Title: Brave Heart
Hostess: Teresa Kline (va.sunshine)
Date: Wednesday October 12, 2011
My challenge to use is to use at least one heart on your creation.
The patients and families who fight cancer have to be so brave, lets honor them by using a heart on your card. Thank you so much for supporting MD Anderson Cancer Center!
We are so glad you've joined us for this wonderful month - I can't wait to see what you create! Feel free to do multiple samples for each challenge, and remember, the goal of the challenge is to get these cards in the hands of the strong ladies being treated at MD Anderson, so be sure and follow the instructions below!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Totally Volunteer Additional Option
Please understand that in order to be eligible to be included in the drawings for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenge prizes you must make a card for the main Hope You Can Cling To Challenge.
The second part of the challenge, a card for Jackie is completely 100% voluntary. If you chose to only make a card for Jackie and not the main challenge, you will not be eligible for prizes.
I am including a second option to this challenge. It seems only appropriate during October (Breast Cancer Awareness Month) that we take time to encourage one of our fellow members of the SCS family who on this very day (October 12, 2011) will be beginning round two of her own battle with cancer. That SCS member is Jackie (m&m'sgrandma). mother of another Trina (mnfroggie). A year ago September, Jackie was fighting the fight and after months of treatment she received a clean bill of health. Sadly, a few weeks ago she was informed her cancer has returned and unfortunately has spread to her bones.
The extra option is this. Make a second card for Jackie with the same requirements as the first. If you would like, make two cards exactly alike and mail one to M.D. Anderson and one to Jackie! If you would like to send some cheer, encouragement and happy mail to one of our own go HERE to the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread for her address and additional information. If you cannot make a second card please keep Jackie in your thoughts and prayers on this important day.
Thanks so much to my amazing sample makers Emily (stampingout), Lisa (lisa lara) Patty (pattyb)
, and Wanda (cullenwr)
I have included both of my cards, one for the MD Cancer Center and for Jackie.