View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #513
PH in VA
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by beestamper View Post
Hi Patricia, you live in a beautiful part of our state. We have a nephew who is a sophomore at JMU and two of my SIL's are graduates. Not to mention, one of our favorite camping spots is not to far away at Lake Douthat in Clifton Forge. I live in Lynchburg with my hubby, 3 kiddos and various pets. I met my husband here while attending college. We've lived here 24 years (minus a 5 year hiatus in Orange Co). I grew up in Gloucester, VA (just across the river from Yorktown/Williamsburg). I love the mountains but really miss the sand and sea.

You are not too far from me. Are you ever down this way?
I grew up south of Richmond and fell in love with the Valley while I attended JMU. So I convinced my husband that we should move out here. We've been in this area since 1993.

I've been to Gloucester once - to Brent & Becky's to check out their bulbs!

I don't go to Lynchburg often, but I do like visiting the A C Moore store. It's a little closer to me than the Roanoke store, but the travel time is about the same.

Do you and your husband ever eat at The Depot Grille? They have a sister location near us. They have THE BEST ribs. Your location has an entrée they don't offer here - Blue Ridge Chicken. It's pretty awesome.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!