View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #451
Ksnurse
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Oh my, apple crisp and caramel in the same pan!!! Heaven on earth...I'm so going to try that....I looooooove caramel....speaking of which, here is a totally decadent brownie recipe:

Caramel ribbon brownies

14 oz caramel (block caramel or wrapped candies)
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 box German chocolate cake mix

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13x9" glass baking dish. In medium bowl, put cut up caramel and 1/3 cup evaporated milk, cook in microwave on high until caramel softened (about 1 minute). Stir until completely melted into a caramel sauce. Combine the cake mix, butter, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, vanilla and 1/2 cup nuts. Mix well and spread 2/3 of batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Sprinkle the chips evenly over the top of brownies, pour the caramel sauce over top of chips, leaving about 1/4" around outer edge. Add enough of remaining evaporated milk to saved cake batter to make a thick pudding consistency. Drop by glops over caramel sauce. Sprinkle remaining nuts over top. Return to oven and bake for 25-35 minutes. Center will still be slightly gooey but will firm up as cools. Let brownies cool in pan then cut into bars.

WARNING: These go very fast so save one for yourself before setting plate out!!

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!