View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 06:01 AM   #569
ladybugstamper2
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi!
I love all these ideas.

I was watching a video and the lady had been shopping and was showing off her stuff. I love to watch what's available on the market since my shopping choices are limited to chain stores.

Anyway, she was showing off some packaged felt cuts, just some clouds and snowflakes. I thought they were really cool, and then.....I remembered. I still have all those Original Sizzix dies for the big red Sizzix, although I use the Cuttlebug now, I still have the dies.

I went to JoAnn's after work, picked up some felt (on sale 4 for $1), and a 20% off coupon. This is the very thin, kids felt, so I figured it would be easy to work with. I got a bunch of colors to play with for very little money and I came home and made my own test felt cuts. Worked great.

I don't have a cloud die, but I can do that with scissors and I don't have a snowflake die, but I have tons of other dies that would look super cute. I can't wait to play this weekend.

I'm not sure if this is purely "making do" but I figured buying the felt to use with stuff I already have is cost effective. It will sure put those old dies to good use.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!