View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #2709
jenn21404
Rubber Obsessor

I include sales tax in my prices. This way I only have to worry about bills and quarters at shows. It's nice for the customers too cos they don't have to sit there and calculate how much it's going to be with tax. It's also nice at tax time. All I have to do is add up how much I made and divide the tax amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbeck View Post
Wow! You gals are truly amazing. You are all very talented and very giving. Thank you for taking the time to share and photograph your works of art!

I am a craft show newbie with my first attempt November 5. I have learned so much about pricing my products from all of you, but have a question about sales tax. Do you generally add sales tax on at the point of purchase or price your goods with the sales tax included? I have been to many craft shows over the years, but for the life of me can't remember how sales tax was handled.

I like the idea of keeping the total purchase price a round number by just absorbing the tax into the price of the product---don't have to deal with as much change. However, because paper products have such a low price point to start with, I hate to lose even $0.25 on a $4.00 product.

Which way do most customers expect?

Thanks again for all your inspiration!
Judy
Central Ohio

Altered by Jenn
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!