View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #252
barbwire802
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to barbwire802

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
Barb nice to meet you. There are a few other slightly unfamiliar faces here.
I'm Victoria, Live in the East Bay (California for those not familiar), I'm passionate about food, men and fundraising. Between two sort of fake jobs (MK and SU) I care for the kids and the house and I stamp and bake. I do the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in July, this will be my fourth walk and I've raised over $11,000 so far in total for all my walks. Last year I topped $5000
Hi Victoria... Not sure where East Bay is, but I have a stepson in Imperial Beach... That is all I know about California, other than the obvious! Congrats on the funds raised, I have a friend who walks for the Avon Walk too & I donate to her each year. I don't have any breast cancer in my family, but my mom died of cancer and my husband has had bladder cancer and is still taking treatments. We were at MD Anderson 4 years ago for the removal (?) of his tumors from his bladder. He was in the local hospital on Tuesday for a checkup and is still in remission. YEAH! But still has to take a couple more years of treatments for prevention.

It's always fun to meet new friends here.