View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #533
StampinGoodDeeds
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Hint, Hint, Hint... As some of you know already... I'm hosting a series of swaps called the DO A GOOD DEED WITH ME swaps...
The first was the pillowcases/tags one for the One Million Pillowcase Challenge. It finished last month. Donated 70+ pillowcases for children in hospitals and seniors and shelters!

The second is for baby blankets with tags. Ducki is actually the official hostess of that one! Link is in my signature.

The third is for children's cancer caps. BethKinder is the official hostess for that one, link is also in my signature.

And GOOD DEED #4 will be: (drum roll please)

Can you sew a straight seam? Or Crochet or Knit? (Dumb question to ask YOU ladies, I know....)

This is going to be a simple one, but very much needed.
You buy (or make if you prefer) washcloths. You fold it in half. You sew two sides up, to form a pocket basically. If you want to get creative (like that ever happens on SCS, eh??? ) you can also stitch up one end to make it drawstring with a ribbon, or you could put straps or a looped handle on it, or you can stitch lace or ribbon on it, or embroider... of if you feel like crocheting or knitting one you can do that too.... embellish and make it pretty, but keep in mind it must be washable still.

THEN... you create an encouraging card or tag to go with each washcloth pocket/bag.

AND then OPTIONALLY, if you would like to, you can add any or all of the following to it (must all be new):
travel size shampoos, conditioners, soaps/body wash, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrush (must be in a sealed package), brush, comb, chapstick, deodorant

Please put the items inside in a ziplock bag, just in case anything breaks open or such during shipping, then tuck it inside the washcloth bag and put the card with it. If you can bag each set individually, that helps, but if not, I'll do that when they arrive.

Think if you suddenly had to leave home and had nothing but the clothes on your back. What would be a nice basics kit that would at least help you for a day or so.

Battered and homeless women and children go through this. They often arrive at a shelter with nothing. That little washcloth bag may give them back a fresh clean start feeling, a bit of dignity, and a bit of encouragement that it can get better.

These will be donated to the Shenandoah Womens Center near me.
NOTE: They also have children arrive with these women sometime, so it would be fun if some of them are also made with children in mind who might get them.

They won't be due until end of March 2012, so you have plenty of time to work on them.

I'll be posting the swap officially in November.

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!