View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #122
newstampinaddict
Duchess of CBCs

Here's my payment for the enjoyment of the thread...

Cream Scones

Ingredients:
3 c. Bread Flour
c. Sugar
2 Tbsp Baking Powder
tsp Salt
2 c. Heavy Cream
2 Tbsp. Milk
2 Tbsp coarse/raw sugar for topping

Cut two 10-inch circles of parchment or waxed paper. Use 1 circle to line a 10 inch round cake pan, reserve the second piece. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add the cream to the flour mixture and stir by hand until just moistened. Place the dough in the lined cake pan and press into an even layer. Cover the dough with the second parchment paper circle. Freeze dough until firm, at least 12 hours. Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet by spraying lightly with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper. Thaw the dough for 5 minutes at room temperature; turn it out of the cake pan onto a cutting board. Cut the dough into 8 to 10 equal wedges and place them on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Brush the scones with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake the scones until golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Cool them on a baking sheet for a few minute then transfer to cooling racks. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serve the day made or freeze for up to 4 weeks.

This recipe is from The CIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!