Thread: Copic FAQ
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #358
Debbie Do
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
Buying Copics can be a monumental task if you allow it to be. There are over 350 colors . Don't jump in and buy every pretty color you see. They are all pretty Start small !! You can always add more. If you shop with Oozak.com you will receive your order in 3-4 days and he has the best prices and free shipping on $50. Be sure to register to get the best prices.

I think it is important to learn how the markers react by doing solid coloring first. When I started I did only solid coloring with no shading.
Jumping into shading before you know how the markers work on paper is like trying to run before you can walk.

Find an image you want to color. Research just that image in the gallery or on blogs to see what colors others used for it and only buy those colors to begin.

If you start out with too many colors that don't work together you will become discouraged. If you go at this slowly you will acquire a Copic collection of colors that you like and will work well together.
Good Luck
Sound advice that I will certainly heed, Barbara. I sure do appreciate your taking the time to offer words of wisdom.

My small-but-growing Gallery
Fan Club Member

Last edited by Debbie Do; 10-03-2011 at 07:32 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!