View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #88
Crafty Math Chick
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampHappyScrapper View Post
Mind if I join in?

This will be my first time doing challenges and I'm super excited. See, today is my birthday and it's a very special birthday. Last October I was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of breast cancer. Life was a whirlwind for many months following, my doctors didn't waste any time thank goodness. Today I am celebrating an NED (no evidence of disease) birthday! Yay! I plan on many more to come.

So...my house is a mess, laundry needs folded, floors need cleaned, bathrooms scrubbed, blah, blah, blah. I am not doing ANY of that today! LOL I am going to spend the day making cards for the challenge and preparing for the event I have planned on the 15th. I'm teaming up with Friends of the Bald Woman and inviting everyone to come make cards, mini-clipboards, and bookmarks that will go in chemo care packages. I can't wait!! Pretty sure this is the start of a new birthday tradition.

Hello everyone and thanks so much for participating. You are touching lives.

Lora

PS - Almost forgot my recipe for the day. lol I've recently discovered the goodness of Quinoa. Chop up some onion and garlic, sautee in olive oil (or canola). Add 1 cup quinoa and brown for about 3 min. Add 2 cups chicken or veggie broth, basil, black pepper, cumin, & oregano and simmer for 15-20 min until the quinoa is "clear". Serve over baby spinach. My kids love it!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a wonderful day it is! So happy you are healthy aagain and able to play along with all of us!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!