Thread: Copic FAQ
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #355
Debbie Do
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
First I am no expert, but until one of them answers you I have a comment and a question.
I am no fan of buying sets. I think you get colors you may not use. In that set I can't imagine when you would use black. To color black you use the dark cool grays (C's) . If you use true black you will lose the lines of your image and it will look like a silhouette .

Do you plan to color with or without shading? If you plan to start coloring without shading then you can chose a larger variety of colors than this set offers. If you plan to learn to do shading then you need 2-3 colors close to each other to do that.
Do you have some images in mind to color? What colors will you need for those images?
Thanks for taking the time to comment, Barbara.

I would like to color with shading. The one and only card I ever uploaded here on SCS was colored sans shading with Copics, and it looks very "flat." I really didn't have any idea what Copics were or what they were capable of at that point in time--I just wanted to color with a marker that wouldn't leave streaks. lol

A few years ago, after doing all the research on Prismas, I ended up investing in the big set; I've yet to color anything that I've been happy with. So I have now turned my attention to Copics.... Perhaps someday I'll be able to use them together.

Your point about buying in sets is a good one. My problem is that I'm just not sure which colors to get. I've spent hours and hours reading everyone's Copic blogs and still feel stupid. lol I thought that maybe buying in sets of "seasonal" shades would make color selection that much easier.

As I said, right now I'm focused on autumn. The autumn images I'd like to color include SU!'s adorable little scarecrow in Happy Fall Y'all, Fall Whimsy, Basket Full of Fun, Season of Thanks, and Lovely Leaves.

My small-but-growing Gallery
Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!