View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #50
bfinlay
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Yes, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Lora!! And what a wonderful birthday tradition, I love it! Enjoy every minute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampHappyScrapper View Post
Mind if I join in?

This will be my first time doing challenges and I'm super excited. See, today is my birthday and it's a very special birthday. Last October I was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of breast cancer. Life was a whirlwind for many months following, my doctors didn't waste any time thank goodness. Today I am celebrating an NED (no evidence of disease) birthday! Yay! I plan on many more to come.

So...my house is a mess, laundry needs folded, floors need cleaned, bathrooms scrubbed, blah, blah, blah. I am not doing ANY of that today! LOL I am going to spend the day making cards for the challenge and preparing for the event I have planned on the 15th. I'm teaming up with Friends of the Bald Woman and inviting everyone to come make cards, mini-clipboards, and bookmarks that will go in chemo care packages. I can't wait!! Pretty sure this is the start of a new birthday tradition.

Hello everyone and thanks so much for participating. You are touching lives.

Lora

PS - Almost forgot my recipe for the day. lol I've recently discovered the goodness of Quinoa. Chop up some onion and garlic, sautee in olive oil (or canola). Add 1 cup quinoa and brown for about 3 min. Add 2 cups chicken or veggie broth, basil, black pepper, cumin, & oregano and simmer for 15-20 min until the quinoa is "clear". Serve over baby spinach. My kids love it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!