View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #130
wenchie
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to wenchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Thanks Wenchie; I was going to use dowell rods but I like your idea better. On yours, do you have a cradle type piece for each rod or did you just drill holes through the side. I find that using a cradle for each rod makes it easier to get the rods off when you want to replace/add more spools of ribbon. Since you are so clever, why not check Becka Feecan's blog where she can show you how she built a bow tie maker. Pretty awesome.
Dowels probably won't work as they will tend to bow over time. If you look at the pictures I attached, you'll see that the ribbon rolls sit on top of the rods. I used Forsner bits to drill the holes and they're just sitting in there on their own. I didn't glue them or anything. No need to. If you think about it, you really don't want rods that you have to insert through the ribbons rolls because it'd be a serious pain in the butt when the roll in the middle runs out. Do you really want to be taking off 10 or 15 good rolls just to replace the one that ran out? For this reason I used conduit and also because it is steel and will not bend.
Attached Thumbnails
dscn3462.jpg   dscn3463.jpg  

Proud Fan Club Member | My blog: Paper Castle

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!