View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
Greywolf
Watercolor Wizard

I'm no photographer as you can tell, but I do love looking at the photos in this challenge. And, I do love keys sort of have a fascination with them. My Dad died in 1992 and my Mom in 2003. She kept all his keys, and I've kept all of his and hers. I have a whole boxful of his keys, most of which were to things in his workshop. Some of these are labeled, which helps a little.

Keys 1 The long ornate key goes to a tall secretary/bookcase that goes back to the early 40s and which I have. It holds a lot of my craft supplies. The two tiny keys obviously go to the tiny padlock. One of the thin flat keys (with 3 holes) goes to another metal safe box. I don't know what the other flat key was for.

Keys 2 one thin key to a metal safe box which I have. 1 long ornate key to a china cabinet that goes back to early 40s which I still have. 1 short ornate key to my Mom's cedar chest also going back to the 40s and which I still have. I just figured out that this is the key to it. The two that say "Chateau" with a helmet and an 'X' go to a heavy round padlock. The funny thing is that these keys bend as I tried to show in the photo. The padlock is actually mine so I'm not sure what these are doing on this key ring of my Mom's.

I apologize for the very "unartistic" photos.

Keys 3 a bunch of thin flat keys. 2 to file cabinets; 1 to a jewelry chest; two 3/4 inch keys to a treasure chest bank that had been broken into when I last saw it; the 2 longest to "bank" whatever that means.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keys1.jpg (63.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Keys2.jpg (72.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg keys3.jpg (72.4 KB, 13 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!