View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #82
Tater
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning Sistahs!!! What a wonderful day it was for me yesterday. Gunner took the day off; told his Boss he had to put in a little Over Time at Home. We drove to a small town called Wharington that has an Antique/flea/junk Market twice a year. I came home with a green glass jar and lid for tea bags, a stained glass window that I will hang in the dining room window, and a yard art Flamingo who's name is Flauco. You know, cause birds of a feather......... Oh well. It was great to spend time with him, those days are a bit rare for us. On our way back, we drove through Bastrop where the wildfires were and stopped in at the volunteer tents to see if we could do anything. We sorted piles of cloths for a few minutes while the other workers took a lunch break. As we drove on home, we saw the residual work involved in bringing a community back from such devastation. There were truck after truck taking away burned metal to be recycled; State operations on going to take down burned trees (Bastrop had nothing but pines and now they look like sticks, painted black) and replace guardrails along the road that burned. Just all kinds of activity. Collection sites everywhere with lines of families waiting to get what they need. Every local business had something they would offer free to victums of the wildfires and those who could, are giving what they can. This is a fine example of a community helping their own. I have a new, firsthand enlightenment of just exactly what it means when a community experiences devastation; it might be on the news a few nights and then its gone but the carnage stays and it takes a lot to get past it. In all of this was the evidence of your prayers; Thank you. According to the Weather Man, we have a 20% chance of rain for the next two or three days. It won't break the drought by any means but we'll take what ever he has to offer! I'm off to finish up a really busy day. My prayers with each of you as you begin your week.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!