View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #2530
jenn21404
Rubber Obsessor

Yay on signing up for your first craft show! I have 3 coming up starting in October.

I still don't know the answer to how many of each item to have. After you do a couple of shows, you'll figure out what your best sellers are and how many to have on hand.

To figure out my price point I check out Etsy and compare and find an average. If you find something isn't selling, you can always offer a discount through out the day and then price accordingly for your next show.

As for table set up, look in the gallery here and Google craft show set up/display as well and you will get all sorts of ideas.

How big of a space do you have at your craft show? If it's 5'x10' you won't have a lot of space. In a space that big I have enough room for my table and spinning rack and that's it. There's just enough room for me to sit behind the table and also get around the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyes View Post
ok -- i need help.

i'm signed up for my very first craft show in about 3 weeks ---- i've been checking out the threads, and posted and stuff, but i'm really feeling like i don't know what i'm doing ---

so, how many "things" do i need? how do i figure out a price point?
what the heck did i get into?

not to mention how to set up a table -- sigh.

and -- am i crazy? i'm thinking about offering some make and takes -- something simple and cute -- and charge a buck to make it --- i'm also trying to promote my "business" -- i'd like to offer classes and workshops on techniques and stuff -- so i thought this would be a neat way to promote that ---

sigh. any tips, or help would be greatly appreciated!

--diane

Altered by Jenn
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!